FRANCHISE RECRUITMENT SUMMIT
Wednesday, October 14, 2020 | 12:30 - 3:30 PM (EDT)
Did You Know? Through one registration of an Education Pass, you can attend all programming in the Business Recovery Summit Series!
- The Corporate Education Pass ($995) provides you with unlimited number of registrations for everyone in your franchise system to attend all Business Recovery Summit Series programming, which includes 8 separate educational events in October PLUS complimentary access for all* your franchisees to the Franchisee Recovery Summit on Wednesday, October 7.
- The Individual Education Pass ($495) provides a single individual access to all Business Recovery Summit Series programming, which includes 8 separate educational events in October PLUS complimentary access for all* your franchisees to the Franchisee Recovery Summit on Wednesday, October 7.
During times of economic turmoil, franchising flourishes with a surge in franchise sales. As many Canadians turn to self-employment and business ownership, franchising offers the opportunity for Canadians to be in business for themselves, backed by an established brand and proven business concept. They’ll also have the support and framework of the franchise system to drive them towards success. Additionally, opportunities for securing prime real estate locations for franchises can grow as some businesses fail during economic downturns.
However, COVID-19 has changed the landscape. The global pandemic has changed the way we do business and how we interact. Ensure you’re prepared to take advantage of the franchising boom by equipping yourself with the data, knowledge, and insights to succeed at the CFA’s Franchise Recruitment Summit. Geared to help franchise developers and recruiters, this Summit will give you the intelligence and tools from the experts to maximize the opportunity to generate franchise sales.
The Franchise Recruitment Summit will provide you with ideas to fuel your strategy and practical takeaways you can implement immediately, including:
- Sales tactics in a virtual world
- Real estate and leasing options for corporate and franchisee direct leases
- COVID-19 impact on franchise disclosure
- Rapid expansion and growth
- Negotiating with Landlords
- Economic insights and forecasts
- Discussions on new benchmarks, how to work with franchise brokers, and what’s working and not working in franchise lead generation
- And more!
Register today to gain the knowledge and advice you need to take advantage of the franchising boom in a post-COVID-19 world!
Franchise Recruitment Summit Agenda
12:30 - 1:00 PM: Opening Keynote Presentation
"Franchise Development in the Age of COVID", presented by Dan Monaghan, Founder, Clear Summit Group
1:00 - 1:50 PM: Concurrent Sessions
- What You Need To Do To Close Sales Today
- 0 – 100+ Units: Rapid Expansion & Growth
- Real Estate & Leasing Challenges and How To Overcome Them
- Best Practices for Franchise Disclosure & COVID-19
2:00 - 2:50 PM: Roundtable Discussions
- Franchise Recruitment: Pedal to the Metal
- Lead Nurturing
- New Benchmarks for Franchise Sales
- How to Get the Most Out of a Franchise Broker
- Understanding Gen-Z: The next generation of franchisees
- How To Find New Franchisees Using Digital Marketing
3:00 - 3:30 PM: Closing Keynote Presentation
"The Canadian Economy & Covid-19: After the Low-Hanging Fruit", presented by Katherine Judge, Economist, CIBC Capital Markets
About Our Keynotes!
About Dan Monaghan
Dan’s entre into the world of entrepreneurship began at the age of 19 when he became a franchisee with Dickie Dee – an ice cream bicycle operation in Canada. He used the profits from this franchise business to put himself through university at Sir Wilfred Laurier University. With several entrepreneurial successes behind him, and a national best-selling book to his credit (Why Not Me?), Dan founded WSI at the age of 27. Over the last 21 years, WSI has grown to become the largest digital marketing franchise organization in the world, with almost 1000 franchised agencies in over 80 countries. WSI’s latest book, Digital Minds, was released in 2013 and quickly achieved best seller status. Now in its second edition, it is available in 4 languages and is one of the top rated Digital Marketing books available through Amazon.
In 2006 Dan founded Clear Summit Group (CSG), a private equity/franchise accelerator firm which invests in early-stage high growth franchise and technology companies. In addition to Dan’s ongoing role with WSI, the CSG portfolio includes Tutor Doctor (world leader in in-home education), Qualicare (specializing in case managed medical home care), Recruiting In Motion (staffing and recruitment), Fuzz Wax Bar (wax only salons), and College Pro (youth entrepreneurship and development).
Dan sits on the board of the International Franchise Association (IFA) and is Vice-Chair of the IFA Foundation. Dan is passionate about education and lectures on franchising at Cornell and Georgetown Universities. He is also the founder of "Make Child Poverty History" (www.makechildpovertyhistory.org), a world-wide outreach program operated in partnership with World Vision.
About Katherine Judge
Katherine Judge joined CIBC as an Economist in 2018. She forecasts and provides insightful commentary of North American economic data and contributes to research on a wide range of topics that impact financial markets. She is often cited in the media for her impactful research.
Prior to joining CIBC, Katherine worked in a similar role at another major Canadian bank and was responsible for forecasting and producing thematic research on US regional economies and topics related to the Canadian economy.
Katherine holds a Master’s degree in Economics from Queen's University.
*Unlimited franchisee access is only available for CFA Member Educational Pass registrations. Not a member? Join CFA today!