FRANCHISE MARKETING SUMMIT
Wednesday, October 28, 2020 | 12:30 - 3:30 PM (EDT)
Wednesday, October 28, 2020 | 12:30 - 3:30 PM (EDT)
Did You Know? Through one registration of an Education Pass, you can attend all programming in the Business Recovery Summit Series!
- The Corporate Education Pass ($995) provides you with unlimited number of registrations for everyone in your franchise system to attend all Business Recovery Summit Series programming, which includes 8 separate educational events in October PLUS complimentary access for all* your franchisees to the Franchisee Recovery Summit on Wednesday, October 7.
- The Individual Education Pass ($495) provides a single individual access to all Business Recovery Summit Series programming, which includes 8 separate educational events in October PLUS complimentary access for all* your franchisees to the Franchisee Recovery Summit on Wednesday, October 7.
Marketing’s most important function is to identify, engage with, and convert potential consumers into valuable and loyal customers that create long term revenue streams for the entire franchise system. Through the chaos of COVID-19, marketers have had to rethink their strategies in an unpredictable environment where customers and potential franchisees contend with being homebound, social distancing, and their own financial challenges. Even as economies and businesses reopen across the country, consumer sentiments and behaviours continue to reflect the uncertainty of the COVID-19 pandemic and we can expect to see lasting effects in how customers feel, how they consume content, and how they make spending decisions.
The CFA’s Business Recovery Marketing Summit is designed to help franchise system marketing and sales professionals gain the latest data and insights on today’s consumer as well as practical, how-to strategies and techniques to reach, engage, and convert potential franchisees and customers. Attend the CFA’s Marketing Summit and strengthen your franchise and consumer sales strategies through sessions including:
- Understanding Canadian consumer perceptions and needs
- Franchise Recruitment Primer for Marketing Teams
- Changes in Online and Digital Marketing and Sales
- Cost-Effective do-it-yourself franchise recruitment marketing for franchise developers
- Driving business to your franchisees through local store marketing support
- Discussions on social media, crisis communications, adapting to changes in consumer behaviour, doing more with a lower headcount
- And more!
Register today for the only marketing conference in Canada focused on franchise systems, whose marketing supports corporate, franchisees, and franchise development teams.
Marketing Summit Agenda
12:30 - 1:00 PM: Opening Keynote Presentation
"Consumer Insights Today: Understanding the Perceptions and Needs of Canadians in a COVID-19 Environment", presented by Demetre Eliopoulos - Angus Reid Group
1:00 - 1:50 PM: Concurrent Sessions
- Cost-Effective Do-It-Yourself Franchise Recruitment Marketing for Franchise Developers
- Understanding the Unique World of Franchise Marketing: A Franchise Primer for Marketing Teams
- Local Store Marketing: Helping Franchisees Drive Business to Their Businesses
- The COVID-19 Recovery Plan Will Be Digital: Are You Ready?
2:00 - 2:50 PM: Roundtable Discussions
- Customer Experience and Customer Journey
- Business Pivots - New Products, Services and Franchisee Buy-In
- Lessons learned in crisis communications
- Stop Overthinking Social Media
3:00 - 3:30 PM: Closing Keynote Presentation
"Consumer Insights for Tomorrow - What's to Come?", presented by Special Panel Presentation
About Our Keynotes!
Consumer Insights Today: Understanding the Perceptions and Needs of Canadians in a COVID-19 Environment
No single event has had as dramatic an effect on the Canadian landscape and the way we live our lives as COVID-19. It is something that has affected each facet of our lives including the way we interact with one another and the way we interact with companies in Canada.
What waits for us on the other side of this health crisis is a recession of unknown magnitude. Now, more than ever, it is of the utmost importance to help companies in Canada jumpstart the economy back to health. In tandem with this, it is even more important to help guide these companies in the way that they engage with everyday Canadians.
Public opinion expert, Demetre Eliopoulos will guide you through the narrative that Canadians have been experiencing since COVID-19 hit our country in early March. Demetre will talk about the ways that Canadians have changed their lives and will also take a deep dive on the ways Canadians want to be communicated to.
During this data-driven keynote presentation, you will learn:
- How Canadians perceive the pandemic at home and around the world;
- How have Canadians been impacted in their jobs and with their finances;
- What Canadians are doing right now;
- What businesses they are interacting with; and,
- How Canadians feel about advertising & communications during this time
About Demetre Eliopoulos
With over 15 years in the market research industry, Demetre serves as Angus Reid’s Senior Vice President & Managing Director of Public Affairs. A seasoned expert in polling, Demetre is highly respected in for his ability to leverage public opinion to help his clients understand the current trends and forces that shape our landscape.
In his years of experience, Demetre has provided insight and strategy to hundreds of communications professionals and built insights programs that have yielded impactful results for some of North America’s largest organizations. Demetre has accrued great deal of experience advising and presenting to a wide variety of audiences including political bodies, CEOs, C-Suite, and Board of Directors.
Based in Toronto, Ontario, Demetre works with clients across North America in a wide array of sectors including all levels of government, political parties, advocacy groups, charities, associations, transit, culture, and energy.
Prior to joining Angus Reid, Demetre worked at Maru/Matchbox, Vision Critical and Pollara Strategic Insights. He has offered commentary for several publications including the Toronto Star and the Globe and Mail. Demetre is a graduate of Queen's University.
Franchise Lead Generation Insights
For the past six years, our keynote speaker has produced FranConnect's Franchise Sales Index Report, the most complete and authoritative source of data-driven insights into the current state of franchise sales. Keith Gerson, President of Franchise Operations of FranConnect, will provide granular insight and key findings from their data into how franchises navigated, pivoted, and – in some cases, grew despite COVID-19.
Through Keith’s keynote address, he will reveal the insights you need to know right now to stay on top of your game in franchise development, including the latest impact of the pandemic, changes in channel effectiveness, conversion rates by industry, and more. Get data on how your peers performed and learn what you need to do through the rest of 2020 and beyond. If you are focused on franchise development, you will not want to miss this presentation!
About Keith Gerson
Keith Gerson is President of Franchise Operations at FranConnect, a recognized leader in franchise management software. His career in franchising spans over forty years. For the past decade, he has worked closely with executive boards and leadership teams that are part of the company’s portfolio of more than 800 brands and 150,000 locations, with a focus on helping franchisors with developing their strategies and goals for scaling their organization through sales, operations, and marketing. For more information, best practices, and guides, visit the company’s resources page at www.franconnect.com/resources.
*Unlimited franchisee access is only available for CFA Member Educational Pass registrations. Not a member? Join CFA today!